So many times I hear people say that they don't know how to pray, or what to pray about. So in an attempt to assist in the solution to this dilemma, here are some things to pray about.
1. Prayer is talking to God. You can do it standing, kneeling, driving (don't close your eyes), working out, sitting at your desk, laying in bed, laying on the floor, chillin' in the back yard while the grill turns raw meat into a juicy mouth watering delight.
2. Talk to Him (God), like you would anyone else. You don't need to talk the way people did 400 years ago. He is God, so if you start off with "Ok, so check it out God...", He will listen.
3. Be real...He sees and knows more than the fat dude in the red suit. You won't surprise Him..
4. Talk to Him about your day
5. Talk to Him about your boss.
6. Talk to Him about your pastor. Specifically ask Him to bless your pastor. Why pray for your pastor? He is the one who genuinely cares about your spiritual journey. Your pastor lives, eats, and breathes the mission God has placed him on. Pray for his family, kids, finances and anything you might pray for yourself. Do the same for all the staff and volunteers.
7. Ask Him to protect your pastor and your church. From what you say? From all sorts of crazy things that happen to people in this world.
8. Pray for the nursery workers who watch your kids. If you don't have kids, pray anyway, it won't hurt.
9. Pray for God to bless your employer...yes you read right. If He blesses your work place you will have a job for a long time. No down sizing here people.
10. Pray for God to change you...notice how I didn't mention change others? Micheal Jackson said it best "I'm starting with the man in the mirror". Okay I'm sorry for that.
So if you start talking with God (prayer) about these things, you will be praying. And then you will say, "wow that way easier than I thought". Then spend some time saying nothing to God and listen to Him. He will answer, trust Him, He will.
Panera Bread on a Wednesday Afternoon - *I have been absent online however not absent in my writing. I have many things I am intending on posting in the near future. I thought I would post this n...
7 years ago