Thursday, February 28, 2008

UNLV

I got the chance to get out and enjoy the Vegas sunshine yesterday and serve students at UNLV. Each week a group of us from Five20 take coffee, doughnuts , Ramen cup-o-noodles and whatever else we can hand out, to serve the students on campus. I love being Jesus to the community. I get to meet so many cool people and hear cool stories. Played some Frisbee and guitar and handed out tons of Five20 flyers. I even got a little sunburned...nice. I have been waiting for the cold weather to subside and the warmth of spring to begin. Most people think I'm crazy when they hear me say I love Vegas. I don't mind the heat at all. Been here 11 yrs and love it. I mean Jesus rescued me in Vegas, baby. That makes this city cool in my book. No pun intended.

We are planning on setting up a little living room on the campus in a couple of weeks. We want to give the students a chance to sit in our living room and share life with us even if it is for a few minutes. If you get a chance to come and join us, please do. I'd love to share the experience with you.

No comments: