Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Primal by Mark Batterson

This is my first every blog book review.  In some ways I am excited, and in some ways I'm scared out of my mind.  The book I was asked to review was Mark Batterson's new book Primal.

First the book is a great read.  I would say a must read for anyone looking to rekindle the spark for Jesus that gets weak as we journey through this life.  Mark does an incredible job of breaking down complex truths in a practical and understanding way.  Mark explores the mysteries of Jesus' command to love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.  In each section of the book, he takes us through each of these aspects and breaks them down for us.  I enjoy the very technical information that mark uses explain the great scientific mysteries, and how he is able to tie them to God our creator.  The illustrations are clear and easy to grasp.  If you are not into tech stuff, you may not fully enjoy the book.  However, Mark also includes other, equally engaging stories to bring the point home.

I conclusion, I feel Mark has done a great job of communicating to us the need to get back to the basics of our faith.  He did so in a respectful non-comdeming matter as well.  While reminding us of where we are lacking as Christ followers, he only needed to remind us of the wonders of God for us to realize we have strayed the course.  And don't we all need to get back to the basics of loving God?

Peace...

No comments: