Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday downloads...

I was sick, sick, sick all last week.  But, God saw in His wisdom to heal me before Sunday.  So all went well at Epic.

  • My Grandmother Tina Hallock, 99, passed away Tuesday night.  It was good to spend time with her over Thanksgiving.  I will miss her for sure.  She took me in when I had no where to go, and was always excited to see me when I would come to visit.   I'm glad she can now rest.
  • Spent the greater part of last week in bed due to a self induced NyQuil coma.  I love that stuff.
  • Great times at The Brick on Friday night.  Got to hang out with some cool Epic people and listen to a great band/Artist.  If you get a chance, check out Michelle Malone.  I also got to hear a potential guitar player for Epic.  Good times.
  • Traded some stuff to Guitar Bob for an amp to have as part of our backline at Epic.  It is a Line 6 Spider 2x12.  It will work perfectly for what we need it for. 
  • Ate some great Italian food at Melody Gills home on Saturday.  Wow, what good stuff that was.  Melody is the CEO of Doctors For Doctors and is huge part of our creative team.  Thanks Mel!
  • Finished the Pushin' Daisies Series yesterday.  This 2 week series on heaven and hell was a very cool way to segue into our Christmas series "Better Days".
  • Even though our ace keyboard player Mark Thomason was out yesterday, the Band did a phenomenal job.  We had pedal steel player Warren Lynch back with us.  Good stuff.
  • Got to watch the Drs4Drs and Epic community get onboard to help out a single mother of 5, whose home burned down on Tuesday.  The response has been huge.  Within a week, she has another house on the way, and lots of stuff to fill it.
  • Picked up another student this week.  This now means 3 for me.  Yes, finally getting back up to where I was in Vegas.
  • Jean handed out Hot Chocolate at the Decatur Christmas Parade on Monday night.  I stayed home and slept.
  • Watched the 4 Christmas' last night.  Pretty funny, but the 4th Christmas was not as funny as the other 3.  Seems like they ran out of things to mock.  I thought Tim McGraw and Dwight Yoakum were hilarious. 
Anyway, today already is shaping up to be the beginning of a great week.  Peace.

No comments: