Thursday, October 1, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

I should be back to normal with all my online stuff now that we are moved into a house. We finally moved from the RV parked outside of IV and Bene's home in Moulton. It was kinda cool living in the RV, but it gets old after 3 weeks, especially when you are not traveling anywhere.

The new place is a nice 2bed 2bath townhouse located on the southwest side of Decatur. We are within waking distance to a very nice park, Walmart, Starbucks, etc. We are about a mile from Jean's office too. We had someone give us a table with chairs and a nice couch that actually matches our carpet. Thank you Jeremy and Tina Reeves. Joy is pretty happy with everything. I think for a dog, she has adjusted well to all the moving around and having to share with other dogs. She actually got in a fight with one of IV's dogs and got a little beat up. I had to move in to save her. I guess she thought she could take on a big dog and play like her and I play. The other dog took it serious.

All in all we are adjusting well. I am having trouble getting used to not having IT stuff as readily available as in a bigger city. It seems you really have to be in town to get cell service and internet. Of course this won't be a problem now that we live in town.

Big shouts out to the Marsh family. They have loved and supported us through every step of our transition to Epic. They loved us as they love themselves, and it was a huge blessing that Jean and I will never forget. Real people for sure. I love that I get to serve the Kingdom with IV again. Epicchurch.tv could not have picked a better person and family to lead them.

I'll wrap this up with a little scripture that keeps me on the journey more that any other. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Over and over again God chooses to provide for us no matter what. Even though this passage sounds like a conditional statement it is not. In context, if we seek first to be like God and serve him, you won't worry about what is going on in your world. You will only see the blessings that God is giving you. You will see His provision in your life. Jean and I are living testimonies to this. See ya on the journey...

No comments: