Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy week

Wow the days are flying by. I seems like just last week I was in Beaver, Ut hanging out, and now we are half way through June!? Oh well Carpe Diem, right. I need to be seizing some days that's for sure.

Going into the the studio with Dangerous Hours to cut our Demo/EP of Dave Matthews Band hits. Still waiting on the publishing side of things to come in, but we are confident all will go okay on that end of things. The music business is a wonderful, but tricky place to be in. We are only doing 7 songs to start out with. Just some hits and stuff that we play really well. We has some stuff posted, but I wasn't really happy with the quality of the recording. So we shall see what comes out of our session on Tuesday.

Been getting real excited about the Grace Point Band. We are really pushing some boundaries in Worship. Trying to bring different sounds and elements into our environment. This seems like such a small thing, but we are now all playing to a click track and it has really taken us to a new level. I was really amazed at how much you can push and pull the tempo when you don't have the click. Actually played to a loop today in service which was lots of fun.

I am covering some stuff for my homey and fellow staffer Ty Neal this week. I'm glad to know he trusts me with some of the awesome things he does around GP. I am also glad that he can take some time off with his family and know we have his back while he is gone. He won't cover for me as worship leader when I'm gone though. I'll have to talk to him about that...okay everyone should be laughing 'cause Ty listens to some great music, but he can barely play his iPod. Love ya Bro!

We had our Worship Arts team BBQ this past Saturday. What a great time we had. It was amazing to see how the ministry has grown since GP started. We ate, we drank, we swam, we had some great conversations about being a Christ follower. It was a great time. I think we are gonna do some more of that soon.

A huge shout out to Dan and Jackie Widdis. They opened their home for the BBQ. Dan is a retired LCDR from the Navy and now is a consultant for the Government, so it was nice to be able to enjoy what my tax dollars helped him purchase...his huge pool!!!LOL!
Any way, they are such a wonderful giving couple who have huge hearts. Dan plays the keyboard for us and Jackie builds the services and basically runs them on Sunday. Thanks you guys for being Awesome.

That's all for now folks. Peace.

1 comment:

Ty Neal said...

Thanks for the hook-up! I really appreciate! BTW, there would be no GP if I was leading worship - unless we want to go for a deaf crowd!